Thursday, May 14, 2015

There's no place like home by Aditi Lal


My Comfort, My Home

The cries of my loved ones woke me up in the middle of the night. As I opened my eyes with a bit of struggle,I saw my parents crying in dismay. I thought I was still in my dream land but the horrific cries of my loved ones made me realise that it was not a dream but a real life crisis. It took me a while to get a grasp of myself and my little brother as I realised that our beautiful house which we once called home has been destroyed by a cruel, merciless force of our mother nature, the cyclone.

My parents took me and my brother out of our beautiful but shattered house into an evacuation centre and gave us hope that things will be okay. Our community got together as a team to help and support each other, for a new beginning which we all knew will be difficult but not impossible. We all worked hard and started building our homes with the help and support of each other. It took us a couple of weeks to build our hope, our home, however it was finally done.

There it was, just like a light at the end of a tunnel, we felt that all our sorrows have come to an end, as we saw our home rebuild. As my family moved into our reconstructed home, I realised that night, how much I was missing the comfort of my own home. We can be safe and sound anywhere we stay but there is definitely NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!! 

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING story Aditi I wonder how I would feel in that situation?

    Good luck in the Competition

    -Ronit

    ReplyDelete