Thursday, May 14, 2015

There's no place like home by Bin Xie


There’s no place
like home

Exhausted, I walked back home. I never really liked my home, my sister would always tease me and my brother would annoy me. I walked through the rusty tracks and over the fresh ivy-green grass. I never even had any friends, all I did was be lonely, I was made fun of at school, but it all changed that day...

I was walking by when I noticed a cave I had never seen before. I carelessly walked into it. It was alright at the start but suddenly it emptied out into a bottomless ravine. I forgot how long I was unconscious. I opened my eyes adjusting to the luminous light around me. A large figure, the size of a elephant stood in front of me. I couldn’t recognise them but I guessed they didn’t see too happy about me landing n their house. I stood up brushing the filthy dust on me. Suddenly I heard a sound that broke my ears. A large gloomy shadow covered me. He was then barking out orders to his scared servants. Then he turned to me and I instantly recognised him.He was the recent evil-doer in Glamesville, his name was Di Yi. His deathly hook knelt onto my neck, I knew this was the end, or was it? ...

I quickly grabbed one of the henchmen’s swords while they were counting their stolen loot. The man walked over commanding an unfortunate prisoner. I quietly cut opened the rope and ran for my life.

I ran over exposing the deadly crew into bright sunlight causing them to evaporate into tiny freckles of dust. I kept running because all I wanted was my family even though they hated me. I guess they were my family and family is forever because there’s really “No Place Like Home!”




1 comment:

  1. WOW cool story Bin I hope you win this competition

    Good luck
    -Ronit

    ReplyDelete